Health and Safety
Health and Safety is always a priority within our organisation and runs hand in hand with our continuous training regime. We are constantly developing our work ethos to reduce risk and eliminate accidents.
Since joining the H.V.C.A some twenty years ago, our policies and methods of work are constantly monitored both internally and audited by BM Trada, these policies and work practices are then updated on a regular basis and if needed, re-issued to our personnel.
M. J. Mayers has a Nebosh certificate and therefore takes care of the day to day management of our health and safety, and co-ordinates policy, action and legislation requirements.
The staff receives regular training and all have relevant CSCS cards, this has been recognised by the award of a platinum certificate to Pursey and Ball in recognition of our continued commitment to the scheme.
All our site foremen are very experienced and each holds a construction site Supervisors Safety Certificate in accordance with the UK Contractors Associate requirements.
First aid training has been given to the majority of our staff with some 95% holding an appointed persons certificate.
With the continued monitoring of Health and Safety including training Pursey and Ball manages to reduce risks, maintain safe working practices and has achieved membership of the following organisations:
- Gas safe - Official register for gas engineers able to work on gas installations.
- OFTEC - Registered Oil Firing Technical Association technicians.
- H.V.C.A. - Member of the Heating and Ventilating Contractors' Association.
- F. GAS - Safe handling and use of refrigerant gasses.
- Refcom Elite - Commitment to best practice in refrigerant handling.
- A.P.H.C. - Member of the Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors.
- Trust Mark - Government controlled scheme for reputable and reliable traders.
- NICIEC - Registered domestic electrical installer.
- MCS - Member of Microgeneration Certification Scheme.
- REAL - Member of REAL Assurance Consumer Code.
Membership of the above independently run and monitored schemes gives our clients the trust and assurance they expect, and also demonstrates our continued commitment within the industry.
Continuous manufacturer's product training allows us to stay in touch with the latest technology.
Several N.H.B.C pride in the job awards have to date been awarded to Pursey and Ball.